Terms & Conditions
Date of Last Revision: November 16, 2013
Submitting a Manuscript to BookHive
• All Manuscripts submitted: (a) must be original works written in the English language; (b) must be written solely by the registered user submitting the work; and (c) must not violate any right of any third party or be libelous. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any submission you make, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such material. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all necessary rights to the Manuscript and that you are authorized to submit the Manuscript to BookHive for focus group testing, including the use, reproduction, distribution, and display by BookHive of the Manuscript on the site for reading and review by our Readers.
• BY SUBMITTING YOUR MANUSCRIPT, YOU ARE GRANTING BOOKHIVE PERMISSION TO USE, REPRODUCE, DISTRIBUTE, AND DISPLAY YOUR MANUSCRIPT ON THE SITE FOR READING AND REVIEW BY READERS IN CONNECTION WITH A FOCUS GROUP TEST. You acknowledge and understand that BookHive does not assure the confidentiality of any submission you make. You further acknowledge and understand that BookHive is not obligated to conduct a focus group test of any Manuscript submitted to this site, and that BookHive reserves the right to decline to conduct a focus group test of any submitted Manuscript at any time in our sole discretion.
• To submit a Manuscript for focus group testing, you must complete the online “Upload Your Manuscript” form and upload an electronic file of your Manuscript. The form will allow you to upload one Manuscript and one cover, in electronic format.
• Manuscripts must be submitted as PDF documents only. All Manuscripts must be double-spaced and must use size 12pt Times New Roman or Courier font. All Manuscripts must be saved as "Manuscript Title – Registered User Name.”
• No Manuscripts with interior images (any images within the word document) will be accepted for consideration.
• You should keep a copy of your Manuscript(s) for your own protection. We will not be liable for loss of your Manuscript.
• In case of dispute as to the identity of a registered user who submits a Manuscript, BookHive will have the right to assume that the user is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided to BookHive. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as a natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
• You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless BookHive and its affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors and suppliers, and any successors of any of the foregoing, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising or resulting from any violation of these Terms & Conditions.